Corporate structuring and restructuring
The fast changing economic climates, varying consumer trends and company expansion often demand a change in the company’s overall structure. At Zeta, we are ideally positioned to assist clients with these changes, not only in deciding what the necessary adjustments are but their implementation as a whole.
Effective structuring, be it a tax, financial or corporate, is key to successful transactions. By providing a swift diagnosis of the transaction objective, we will be able to advise and determine the appropriate route to be followed. Clients will be presented with selectively chosen alternatives for achieving their goals, whilst taking into account the accounting, tax, legal and shareholder concerns.
Potential issues you may be considering:
- IPO (pre-IPO capital reorganisation, distributable reserves planning, method for achieving exit for current shareholders);
- Return of value/surplus cash;
- A demerger;
- Group re-organisation;
- Improving the efficiency of your legal entity group structure.
Modern day investors have access to a vast array of international tax planning solutions, regardless of their nationality or domicile. By drawing on investment products and services with tax benefits there are numerous possibilities to legally avoid taxation or be able to choose the place of taxation.
Being strategically located in a number of jurisdictions that offer numerous fiscal benefits, we are able to help wealthy investors, families and businesses make use of tax efficient investment and savings solutions from local as well as international investment and savings service providers.
Upon structuring your investment strategy our specialist unit is dedicated to designing solutions that optimise your tax situation.
Our core services include:
- Tax-efficient management of your financial affairs;
- Tax-efficient investment structures;
- Advice and arrangement of tax-advantaged products;
- Advising on the incorporation and functioning of the holding and sub-holding companies;
- Advice and administration of trust arrangements;
- Tax compliance;
- The tax treatment of split-ups and liquidation transactions;
- Structuring collateral and guarantees.
Our legal advisors are here to help corporations, High Net Worth Individuals and families grow and protect their wealth. Our focus at Zeta is to provide integrated legal advice to create and implement an overall strategy.
We can assist in the following areas:
- Trust law (establishment of Foundations and Trusts);
- Civil law (gift contracts and real estate transfer agreements);
- Company law (establishment of partnerships and companies, pooling agreements, family constitutions, and cross-generation contracts);
- Structuring the deal, whilst taking into account the jurisdiction’s regulatory requirements and applicable laws;
- Preparation of a detailed action plan;
- Documentary, registration and regulatory support.
For companies, families, and High Net Worth Individuals facing financial under-performance or crisis, we deliver restructuring solutions and to help build a solid platform for recovery. Our experience and global industry relations enable us to deliver solutions to the individual cases and needs of our clients.
The solutions that we implement in such situations include:
- Business deconstruction/reconstruction techniques;
- Optimisation of working capital (receivables, payables, and inventory);
- Portfolio value optimisation, value creation and maintenance strategies;
- Portfolio reorganisation (financial restructuring, options, evaluation, and negotiation).
Financial structuring of a transaction would involve defining the following key parameters:A list of assets to be acquired
- A list of assets to be acquired;
- An analysis of the financial options;
- Structure of consideration;
- Consideration of “cash in clauses”;
- Net debt and working capital targets;
- The size, structure and schedule of payments;
- Any special conditions between third parties.
Zeta’s team provide clients with extensive experience in the licensing of financial services. Through a pro-business regulatory environment and Zeta’s guidance, we will collaboratively be able to find a structure that fits your needs.
We tailor our support to provide you with the advice on a unique platform which will be well suited for investment services providers looking to target a specific type of clientele. The jurisdictions we operate in provide an environment with an affordable cost base, passporting rights, and an open-for-business regulatory environment.
The concept of intellectual property (IP) is straightforward and has been with us for a long time. Wherever we go, we are surrounded by intellectual property.
Mere thoughts and ideas do not qualify; intellectual property defines and protects human innovation and creations:
- Trademarks signal the origin of products to consumers;
- Designs specify how products look;
- Copyright relates to artistic creations, such as books, music, paintings, sculptures and films;
- Patents protect technical inventions in all fields of technology;
- Intellectual property rewards innovators and enables everyone to benefit from their achievements.
If you are in business, you have a trademark. It’ is the way your customers identify you. Your trademark differentiates your products from everyone else’s and encapsulates your values: it may be your most valuable asset.
Your trade mark is part of your intellectual property and is crucial to your success as a business. Let Zeta assist you to take your business to the next level.