Malta’s Long Stay Visa Fees Regulations 2020
Following the legal notice concerning Long-stay Visa Fees conferred by article 2 of the Fees Ordinance, the Minister for Home Affairs, Law Enforcement and National Security with the concurrence of the Minister of Finance and Financial Services has introduced the following new regulations – Legal Notice 287 of 2020.
Highlighted in these regulations, a long-stay visa issued to a third-country national shall be valid for not less than ninety (90) days and shall not exceed a period of three hundred and sixty-five (365) days.
The relevant fees which are payable for the granting of a long-stay visa in Malta are based on €70 for study purposes and €100 for any other purpose.
Malta Long-stay Visa Fees Points and Regulations
The legal notice, states the below points:
- Fees are to be paid directly at the offices of a Consulate of Malta in any country where such a representation is present.
- Alternatively, the fees can also be paid at an external service provider who is contracted or at the Central Visa Authority or at the border crossing points, as the case may be.
- Any relevant fees paid upon the application for a long-stay visa are not refundable.
- Long-stay visas are issued free of charge to:
- Family members as defined in article 2 of the Free Movement of European Union Nationals and their Family Members Order; and
- Minors under six (6) years of age.
- The Central Visa Authority may waive fees at their discretion and for justified reasons.
This Legal Notice hereby repeals Fees (Schengen Visas) Regulations – Subsidiary Legislation 35.31.
Zeta Corporate & Management Services Limited can assist with the application for ordinary residence permits to those who are EU/EEA and Swiss nationals. In addition, Zeta is an accredited agent and can assist high net worth individuals and families with the Malta Residence and Visa Programme.
For more information on how Zeta can assist you please contact our Business Development team on email@example.com.
The Digital Nomad Malta
The Nomad Residence, Permit Malta (NRPM) program The Nomad Residence, Permit Malta (NRPM) program…
Investment Opportunities in Malta
Malta offers excellent business opportunities, especially for those seeking to relocate. The country offers…
Malta Government launches New Nomad Residence Permit
The government has launched a new residence permit, referred to as the Nomad Residence…