Zeta respects your privacy and seeks to protect your personal data. The following information describes how we gather and use data which we may collect about you while you are navigating the pages of this Website as well as details on how we use the information you provide to us.
What sort of data is collected?
In general, as a user of our Website, you may visit the site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. You may however choose to provide us with personal information when you send an e-mail to us via the “contact” link on our Website. We shall store the data that you provide us with in any such e-mail and further process it as may be necessary for us to respond to and administer any request that you may so make.
From time to time we may further process your personal data in order to be able to provide you with other information that we feel may be of interest or of use to you (including newsletters, mailshots, publications and other information) and generally for direct marketing and statistical purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Website also uses a technology called “cookies”. A “cookie” is a piece of software, which may be sent to your computer. Cookies enable us to collect information about how our Website and services are being used and to manage them more efficiently.
The information so gathered through cookies may include:
- The date and time when you access our Website
- The Website pages that you view and any download that you may make through such pages
- Whether or not such viewing or download is successful
- The Internet address of the Website or the domain name of the computer from which you access our Website
- The operating system of the machine running your Web browser; and the type and version of your Web browser
- You can stop your browser exchanging cookies with web servers at any time by changing the settings in your web browser
Provision of personal data to third parties
We do not pass on your details collected from you as a visitor to any third party, unless you give us your consent to do so, or in the instances indicated below.
We do not transfer your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes
You will be aware however that data sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders even where sender and receiver of information are located in the same country. Consequently, data relating to you may be transmitted via a country having a lower level of data protection than that existing in your country of residence.
- For the purpose of preventing, detecting or suppressing fraud
- To protect and defend our rights and property or that of users of our Website
- To protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our Website
- To protect the personal safety or property of users of our Website (e.g. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we shall disclose any information we may have about you in our possession so as to assist any type of investigation into your actions)
- For any purpose that may be necessary for the performance of any agreement you may have entered into with us; or
- As may be allowed or required by or under any law or court order.
Retention of personal data
No personal data that we process will be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
We use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of all personal data that we process relating to you and regularly review and enhance our technical, physical and managerial procedures so as to ensure that your personal data is protected from:
- Unauthorised access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorised modification
- Unlawful destruction or accidental loss
To this end we have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control. All our employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are further obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data.
By its very nature however the Internet is not a secure medium and data sent via this medium can potentially be subject to unauthorised acts by third parties. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information passing over our Website. We shall accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the security of your data while in transit through the Internet.
Third Party Websites
No third party is permitted to link any other Website to our Website without obtaining our prior written consent.
We may intercept some mail and e-mail addressed to individuals in Zeta. The reasons for this are related to security of Zeta, its staff and others, for detection and prevention of crime and to identify correct recipients, or to make sure mail is dealt with during staff absence. In the case of e-mails, we may reject, delay or remove content from e-mails which have a nature, content or attachments which may disrupt our systems or because they may pose security issues such as viruses. We may also filter out e-mails which contain certain content on the basis that such content is offensive or the e-mail is unwanted or spam. In certain circumstances this may unfortunately result in “innocent” e-mails being affected but we do try and reduce such occurrences.
Most e-mail messages sent from Zeta have been automatically scanned for viruses and as such should be free from any virus, malicious code, script or other executable attachment. However, the accuracy of scanning products is not guaranteed. We cannot be held responsible for loss of or damage to data or any other damages, resulting from actions out of our control, howsoever incurred.
Right of Access/Questions
You have a right to request access to and/or correction of your personal data processed by Zeta. Any such request must be made in writing to Zeta at the address indicated on the homepage of the Website and must be signed by yourself as the data subject to whom the particular data relates.